My fine sailing yacht needs so little maintenance...
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
2014-03-31 23:35:37 UTC
My Coronado 27 rarely requires any maintenance.

The other day I noticed something that needed to be corrected. There
is a chronically dirty spot on the teak post that supports the mast
step due to the fact that I handle it as I go past in order to keep
my balance. After a week or so there is a dirty spot on the varnish
that looks dull and black. So, I use a little water and detergent to
clean it up. But, after a while, the varnish starts wearing thin and
the wood itself gets dirty. So, I cleaned it up real good, put another
coat of varnish on it, let it dry a couple days and then used a piece
of that sticky-back clear plastic laminate to cover the area I touch.

What else? Oh, yes, the bracket for my swim ladder is attached to
the transom by four stainless steel bolts. The head of one of them
broke off the last time I ascended the ladder. It needs to be
replaced. That should take about half an hour, most of which will
be spent removing and replacing a bunch of stuff in the cockpit
locker so I can crawl in and put a nut on the new bolt and wrench
it down.

Oh, I spent a couple hours sanding some rust spots off my anchors
and sprayed them with cold galvanizing then aluminum paint then
shiny spray galvanizing. They look like new, now. I've replaced
all the rusty anchor chain with stainless steel and it sparkles
in the sun and doesn't stain my foredeck. I have four anchors
and rodes forward, three on the bow rollers ready to go - one
W/C fisherman anchor, one CQR, one Lewmar claw and in chocks
on the foredeck a big Danforth deepset storm anchor.

And, I spent an hour or two using Never Dull on my stainless steel
on deck - bow pulpit, lifeline stanchions, etc. They sparkle like
brand new, not a speck of rust.

Oh, about a year ago I had to make a new forestay as the old one
was rusty and had some broken strands. I ordered new wire from
West and some new Sta-Lok terminals. I also ordered a dozen of
those cones as they aren't reusable. I now have eight terminals
in stock and extra wire. I put the ends on the wire after using
the old one as a measure for length. My folding mast steps made
the job easy. My double lowers made the job safe.

Life is good, I think I'll have another ice cold beer and admire
the quality of my fine yacht that is pristine and rarely breaks
down. It's a reliable machine that pleases me a great deal.

Poor Skippy!
Sir Gregory
H***@net.net
2014-03-31 23:42:22 UTC
On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 19:35:37 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
My Coronado 27 rarely requires any maintenance.
The other day I noticed something that needed to be corrected. There
The other day? The ice cap is still covering most of North America.
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
is a chronically dirty spot on the teak post that supports the mast
step due to the fact that I handle it as I go past in order to keep
my balance. After a week or so there is a dirty spot on the varnish
You varnish your teak? What an asshole. You should never varnish
teak. Sucks to be you.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ***@netfront.net ---
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
2014-03-31 23:50:52 UTC
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
is a chronically dirty spot on the teak post that supports the mast
step due to the fact that I handle it as I go past in order to keep
my balance. After a week or so there is a dirty spot on the varnish
You varnish your teak? What an asshole. You should never varnish
teak. Sucks to be you.
Ha ha, somebody sounds bitter - probably because of all the bitter
cold and snow ice and slush. Down here in southern Florida the weather
is perfect for sailing and boat maintenance almost every day.

One must varnish or oil interior teak or it molds and turns black,
dumbass! Oil is a constant job while varnish lasts years in the
interior. You'd know that if you had real teak in your boat. You
probably have that imitation teak - I think it's called Luann or
something like that.

Try to remember that we real sailors migrated, using our yachts, to
milder climes that are conducive to year 'round sailing. Those of
you who place your hovels ashore or your jobs and women above the
sailing life are not worthy to criticize those of who truly live
the sailing life in climes that allow it and make it enjoyable.

HTH
Sir Gregory
H***@net.net
2014-04-01 12:04:12 UTC
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
is a chronically dirty spot on the teak post that supports the mast
step due to the fact that I handle it as I go past in order to keep
my balance. After a week or so there is a dirty spot on the varnish
You varnish your teak? What an asshole. You should never varnish
teak. Sucks to be you.
Ha ha, somebody sounds bitter - probably because of all the bitter
cold and snow ice and slush. Down here in southern Florida the weather
is perfect for sailing and boat maintenance almost every day.
One must varnish or oil interior teak or it molds and turns black,
What a moron. Never varnish teak.
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
dumbass! Oil is a constant job while varnish lasts years in the
interior. You'd know that if you had real teak in your boat. You
probably have that imitation teak - I think it's called Luann or
something like that.
Idiot. My yacht has real teak.
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Try to remember that we real sailors migrated, using our yachts, to
milder climes that are conducive to year 'round sailing. Those of
you who place your hovels ashore or your jobs and women above the
sailing life are not worthy to criticize those of who truly live
the sailing life in climes that allow it and make it enjoyable.
What do you know? I have no job. I live the life of a retired
bachelor, enjoying golf and sailing every day. And I'm a Mill's Race
winner so I know much more about sailing than you do. You sound like
a real poseur.

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
2014-04-01 20:32:17 UTC
Post by H***@net.net
What a moron. Never varnish teak.
Yes, and watch it mold. The mold just loves that oily wood.
Post by H***@net.net
Idiot. My yacht has real teak.
Real teak is very expensive. That's why low-end boats like
yours probably substituted lauan because it's cheaper and
it takes an expert to tell it from real teak.

http://www.wood-database.com/lumber-identification/hardwoods/lauan/
Post by H***@net.net
What do you know? I have no job. I live the life of a retired
bachelor, enjoying golf and sailing every day. And I'm a Mill's Race
winner so I know much more about sailing than you do. You sound like
a real poseur.
I'm also retired, dude! I live the life of a SAILOR. That makes me
way more of an expert than you since you're a self-admitted duffer.

Mills Race winner, my ass! I examined the race results and the best
Erie Grog ever did at Mills Race was a pathetic 7th.
Sir Gregory
H***@net.net
2014-04-01 21:31:31 UTC
Post by H***@net.net
Idiot. My yacht has real teak.
Real teak is very expensive. That's why low-end boats like
yours probably substituted lauan because it's cheaper and
it takes an expert to tell it from real teak.
Idiot. a real yacht has teak.
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Post by H***@net.net
What do you know? I have no job. I live the life of a retired
bachelor, enjoying golf and sailing every day. And I'm a Mill's Race
winner so I know much more about sailing than you do. You sound like
a real poseur.
I'm also retired, dude! I live the life of a SAILOR. That makes me
way more of an expert than you since you're a self-admitted duffer.
Mills Race winner, my ass! I examined the race results and the best
Erie Grog ever did at Mills Race was a pathetic 7th.
Bullshit. The last Mill's Race we placed third. I have a trophy in
my living room that says First Place.

You are nothing but a poseur with a junk Coronado.

follow me on twitter
hashtag HeroHorvath.com
or
hashtag FieldMarshallvonHorvath.com

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ***@netfront.net ---
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
2014-04-02 21:32:03 UTC
Post by H***@net.net
Idiot. My yacht has real teak.
Real teak is very expensive. That's why low-end boats like
yours probably substituted lauan because it's cheaper and
it takes an expert to tell it from real teak.
Idiot. a real yacht has teak.
Kinda shows you don't know a whole lot about racing, dude.
If you have wood in your yacht then lighter wood will be
faster than heavy wood. Teak is among the heaviest of woods.
Post by H***@net.net
You are nothing but a poseur with a junk Coronado.
Poseur? LOL! Look who's posting from his yacht (me) and look
who's posting from a hovel somehwere ashore while his mostly
unused yacht is covered with ice and snow.

Loooooooozzer!
Sir Gregory
H***@net.net
2014-04-02 22:42:02 UTC
On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 17:32:03 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Post by H***@net.net
Post by H***@net.net
Idiot. My yacht has real teak.
Real teak is very expensive. That's why low-end boats like
yours probably substituted lauan because it's cheaper and
it takes an expert to tell it from real teak.
Idiot. a real yacht has teak.
Kinda shows you don't know a whole lot about racing, dude.
If you have wood in your yacht then lighter wood will be
faster than heavy wood. Teak is among the heaviest of woods.
Your PHRF rating takes into account your weight. But you wouldn't
know that because you never race.
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Post by H***@net.net
You are nothing but a poseur with a junk Coronado.
Poseur? LOL! Look who's posting from his yacht (me) and look
who's posting from a hovel somehwere ashore while his mostly
unused yacht is covered with ice and snow.
I'm posting from my mansion while my yacht is sitting in the most
prestigious yacht club in the area.

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
2014-04-03 00:39:38 UTC
Post by H***@net.net
On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 17:32:03 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
<trim>
Post by H***@net.net
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Poseur? LOL! Look who's posting from his yacht (me) and look
who's posting from a hovel somehwere ashore while his mostly
unused yacht is covered with ice and snow.
I'm posting from my mansion while my yacht is sitting in the most
prestigious yacht club in the area.
LOL! The Rube admits he's a land lubber and damned proud of it.

(While his yacht is iced in!)
Sir Gregory
Anonymous
2014-04-01 18:30:32 UTC
So, basically, you shit all over the outside of your crappy little boat also.

Neal Warren is a scumbag, and anyone who takes anything he says seriously has probably had some brain trauma. Nellie is a FUCKING PERVERT, LIAR, RACIST, and general SHITHOLE.

Why don't you tell everyone how many providers have BOOTED your sorry little ass off for policy violations...

You fucking cocksucking little squirt. Someone is going to pay you a visit. Heads up asshole.

Criminal, pedo, scumbag, usenet freak. Shits in his bunk.

Making sure everyone knows you have a little limp dick and a puke yellow boat that smells like shit, not to mention your lack of education.

***@gmail.com

Neal D. Warren/Wilbur Hubbard/Gregory Hall
PO Box 1015
Tavernier, FL 33070
305 304-7546
Gilligan

H***@net.net
2014-04-21 21:32:11 UTC
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
My Coronado 27 rarely requires any maintenance.
Bullshit
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
The other day I noticed something that needed to be corrected. There
is a chronically dirty spot on the teak post that supports the mast
step due to the fact that I handle it as I go past in order to keep
my balance. After a week or so there is a dirty spot on the varnish
that looks dull and black.
You varnish your teak? What a fucking dumb asshole that knows nothing
about sailing. You disgust me.

Jimmy Neutron