bayliner buccaneer
j***@gmail.com
2018-02-26 02:24:56 UTC
Can anyone give us information on the 24' Bayliner Buccaneer? We have
just found one that looks like a real deal but know nothing about the
boat.
Thanks]
I have had a bayliner buccaneer for several years. You guys are right, It isn't the nicest looking or best sailing upwind on the bay...Yes the port lights leak in the rain. I cover it in the winter. will replace or repair them soon. but something nobody has mentioned is the trailerability and shoaldraft keel. No other sailboat I know of has this feature. That is why I bought it. I have owed a Balboa 26, a MacGregor 25 and a MacGregor venture 21, all for the towing, beach launching, and shallow water sailing. The 3 boats above have swing keels.. I hate them! they leak on the pivot bolt, and become loose in the trunk. They hum when underway, they pound in the chop threatening to take the bottom off the boat. the keel winch is actually dangerous... Each to their own.. the guy with the cat 27... lets see you trailer it through baja California and launch off the beach... john
P***@simonshoals.net
2018-02-28 00:41:30 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
[...]
I sailed the Bass Strait for over a decade with impunity in a 24
Gayliner Bucaneer. I poured concrete into the bilge so no matter how
far it rolled, it came up every time.